Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bittersweet....

Hello everyone,

Mark and I went to my OB yesterday to talk about everything that is going on with my Wilson's Disease, pancreatitis and Genetics. I will be seeing a Dr. Zunich at IUN Med to start with genetics tomorrow morning. Also, which kind of put things in to perspective a lot more for us was that with my Wilson's, which is WAY under control, I will be getting watched VERY closely by my docs here in Valpo and docs at the U of C. That is the amazing hospital that saved my life. I started getting pretty upset when we were talking about all of this. Pretty much because it was so long ago that I don't even think I have a disease anymore. I guess you could call it ignorance... or just being naive. I thought that I would have a healthy pregnancy and not have to worry about a thing... That might still be true.. But I am definitely going to be considered high risk and will be monitored with the baby every few weeks of this pregnancy. I cried all day yesterday on and off. My sister was great when I called her last night... I am getting teary just thinking about it. She told me just to pray and everything will be fine. I think that is the first real time I have ever had to lean on her for emotional support... Usually the other way bc I am the older (and I would like to think wiser :)) sister. My liver doctor in Chicago is so excited because not a lot of people have Wilson's and to get pregnant is amazing. She has been with me from the very beginning 8 years ago.

I have great faith in God, an amazing Husband who is my rock, and great family and friends to lean on. He got me through a failed liver, SO many surgeries, not having to have a liver transplant, and getting me pregnant when we didn't even think it was probably possible. If you do not believe.. I am pretty much a walking testimony.

I am off today and tomorrow and I am just going to bask in the nice weather and take a walk and finish some laundry.


On another note, I want to thank my mom for coming over yesterday and pretty much top to bottom cleaning my whole house. I really DO NOT know what I would do without you. Love you.


Everyone have a great and blessed day and remember why you are here and just be happy and thankful for everything, big and little, that you have.

Peace out <3

1 comment:

  1. oh Randi, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know it's not the same but Tad and I went through a bunch of emotional stuff when I first got pregnant too. Everything with my fertility medications and I was monitored really closely for about 5 months (constant ultrasounds and monitors) It was scary but there was endless possibilities to what could be going on. You do have a wonderful husband, sister and other family members and that is key. I still have issues day to day with being emotionally unstable. But a good stable family is what gets me through. I hope that everything will be perfect in your pregnancy and if you hit any bumps just always try to remain as calm as possible, i've noticed the minute I get stressed or upset the baby likes to give me some hard kicks or heart burn! :)

    ReplyDelete